Saturday, January 1, 2011

He's dead, but nice.

This is going to be pretty brief. 

We'd explored everything we could find on the east side, so we went to the west side of the caverns.  Over there:

We found zombies and defeated them easily, found magic traps that we should have avoided, found the dead guy that was in charge of the castle and he wanted us to help and didn't want to kill us, so that was nice.  He gave Listillin a magic sword, which was also nice.  I guess he's still sitting down there, a nice undead zombie, sad he killed his wife and kids and everyone way back when.

We found stairs going down and accidentally found some hobgoblins.  They were in a big room with a pit and a big pet jumping spider.  Listillin did NOT fall in the pit (which was new) and the spider was a pain as it hopped all over and kept avoiding me.  Hobgoblins work together pretty well as a team and are tough to hit when they're clumped together blocking for each other, and this was no different, and the pit made it difficult to get position, but in the end we killed them and the spider was more irritating than deadly, and we once again prevailed.

I don't recall if there was any treasure.

We paused there and were ready to search the room.

2 comments:

  1. That catches me up. That's what my group has done to this point. Killing the hobgoblins let us all hit level 3 except Findel (he missed one session), but he should get level 3 next time.

    I am excited about using my new encounter power which will pull a marked target to me, hopefully giving me more options against opponents that chase Izzy around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been busy!

    ReplyDelete