Thursday, December 30, 2010

Back to Town

We now had further proof of the cult activity with a note detailing in very explicit terms about how they were going to do bad things to Winterhaven.  We, however, didn't know where this "rift" was.  We also, I suppose, now knew there was a spy in Winterhaven, but we weren't sure who it was.

It was all beyond me.  I let Idria keep the note (she likes to read.  If I were more dishonest I'd just let her have any notes we find (weird language even better!) instead of treasure.

I was excited that I had a new suit of armor that increased my survivability.  I'd been knocked around pretty hard in a couple fights lately and the extra defense plus the chance to occasionally heal myself (even more) was great.

Getting back to town we found that Winterhaven was all kinds of weirded out.  The populace was having bad dreams, everyone was surly, it was a town on edge.  We talked again to the historian and it turns out he WASN'T a spy, he just wanted time to look things up.  Who knew?  He gave us good information about this Shadowfell Rift, the castle built on it, the crazy paladin that killed everyone in the keep, and how it was probably causing all these bad dreams and feelings, and how maybe someone was trying to re-open the thing to... umm, I'm not sure.  Be really bad and kill stuff?  Probably.

Well, we now knew what to do.  Go to the old keep, go into the deepest darkest corners of it and stop whoever was messing with whatever was down there.

Buying supplies was difficult.  We weren't sure how long we were going to be underground, so we had to plan on torches and food and stuff.  We eventually figured it out (we could be out for 10 days), and were on our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment