Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Was there treasure? All I remember are sacks of kobold heads.

The dragon didn't have much of a hoard.  As previously mentioned, I'd been hit in the head repeatedly by the dragon (which is fine with me, I am very sturdy there!), but I have a difficult time remembering what happened next.  I think there was some gold, and if I remember correctly there was a magic dagger that went to the rogue.

There was a note of some sort, but I'd have to check back with Idria about it.  If I recall, it linked these kobolds with a cult of Orcus, but I'm really uncertain how that all worked out.  I think the dragon ate a messenger from this death cult but we found the remains and pieced together that a growing death cult had been using the dragon to control the kobolds and have them attack Fallcrest.

Anyway, we had sacks full of kobold heads (since my party was eager to get paid the bounty for each head), and we spent some time getting some dragon scales (which I believe have so far proved useless) and we even brought the dragon head back with us.

The reception back in town was warm, and we were greeted fondly by the Lord Warden and paid for our success.  I bought a pony named Midnight with my share of the reward.

The church had informed Idria that there were rumors of a death cult growing in strength in the nearby village of Winterhaven.  Coupled with the note that we'd found on the dragon, we decided to head out as soon as we could prepare for the short journey.

We sold any extra loot we had, relaxed for a day or two, pulled Izzy out of the gutter and pried the surly Akai-Tori out of the delicately scented bath and rode off to Winterhaven in search of a death cult on borrowed horses.

This concluded our first adventure.  We were victorious, nobody had died, we have clues about a death cult and someone named Irontooth (I believe he was named in the note) that are menacing a nearby village.

No comments:

Post a Comment